Professor of Medicine, Public Health, Pharmacy and Nursing, University of Arizona
Director, GeriMetrics - Bioengineering Applications to Support Resilient Aging
Principal Investigator, Healthy Brain Research Network
Co-Principal Investigator and Coordinator, Flinn Grant
Faculty, Arizona Center on Aging
Member, Arizona Geriatric Workforce Editorial Board
- ADN: Los Angeles Harbor College, Wilmington, CA 1994
- BS: (Community Health) California State University, DH, Carson, CA 1996
- MPH: (Epidemiology) University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 1995
- PhD: (Epidemiology; Minor Pharmacy Practice- Health Outcomes) University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 1999
Dr. Mohler’s major research interests are related to chronic diseases, models of care and technology
- Wendel, CS., Mohler MJ, et al. (2001). Barriers to use of electronic adherence monitoring in an HIV clinic. Ann Pharmacother 35(9): 1010-5.
- Murata GH, Shah JH, Duckworth WC, Wendel CS, Mohler MJ, Hoffman RM (2004). "Hypoglycemia in type 2 diabetes: a critical review." Biomed Pharmacother 58(10): 551-9.
- Murata GH, Shah JH, Duckworth WC, Wendel CS, Mohler MJ, Hoffman RM (2004). "Food frequency questionnaire results correlate with metabolic control in insulin-treated veterans with type 2 diabetes: the Diabetes Outcomes in Veterans Study." J Am Diet Assoc 104(12): 1816-26.
- Armstrong DG, Lavery LA, Holtz-Neiderer, Mohler MJ, Wendel CS, Nixon BP, Boulton AJM. (2004). "Variability in activity may precede diabetic foot ulceration." Diabetes Care 27(8): 1980-4.
- Joish VN, Malone DC, Wendel C, Mohler MJ. Profiling quality of diabetes care in a Veterans Affairs Healthcare System. Am J Med Qual 2004;19(3):112-20.
- Cunningham V, Mohler MJ, Wendel CS, et al. Reliability and validity of the DCP among hispanic veterans. Eval Health Prof. Dec 2005;28(4):447-463.
- Krouse RS, Mohler MJ, Wendel C, Grant M, Baldwin CM, Rawl SM, McCorkle R, Rosenfeld K, Ko CY, Schmidt CM, Coons SJ. The VA ostomy health-related quality of life study: Objectives, methods, and patient sample. Curr Med Res Opin. 2006 Mar; 22(4):781-91.
- Wendel CS, Shah JH, Duckworth WC, Hoffman RM, Mohler MJ, Murata GH. Racial and ethnic disparities in the control of cardiovascular disease risk factors in Southwest American veterans: the Diabetes Outcomes in Veterans Study. BMC Health Serv Res. May 23 2006;6(1):58.
- Lavery LA, Armstrong DG, Wunderlich RP, Mohler MJ, Wendel CS, Lipsky BA. Risk factors for foot infections in individuals with diabetes. Diabetes Care. Jun 2006;29(6):1288-1293.
- Krouse RS, Mohler MJ, Wendel CS, et al. The VA Ostomy Health-Related Quality of Life Study: objectives, methods, and patient sample. Curr Med Res Opin. Apr 2006;22(4):781-791.
- Herman PM, D'Huyvetter K, Mohler MJ. Are health services research methods a match for CAM? Altern Ther Health Med. May-Jun 2006;12(3):78-83.
- Armstrong DG, Holtz-Neiderer K, Wendel CS, Mohler MJ, Kimbriel HR, Lavery LA. Skin Temperature Monitoring Reduces the Risk for Diabetic Foot Ulceration In High-Risk Patients. Amer J Med, 2007, vol. 120, pp. 1042—1046.
- Mohler MJ, Coons SJ, Hornbrook MC, Herrinton LJ, Wendel CS, Grant M, Krouse RS. The Health-Related Quality of Life in Long-Term Colorectal Cancer Survivors Study: objectives, methods and patient sample. Curr Med Res Opin 2008 Jul;24 (7):2059-2070. NIHMS54243
- Mohler MJ, Wendel CS, Brown V, Shah JH, Duckworth WC, Murata GH. Clinical Inertia in Insulin-using Type 2 Hispanic Diabetics in Southwestern VA Care. Diabetes Care In review: submitted to Diabetes Care 12/08
- Murata GH, Shah JH, Duckworth WC, Wendel CS, Mohler MJ, Hoffman RM, Blood Glucose Monitoring is Associated with Better Glycemic Control in Type 2 Diabetes: A Database Study. J Gen Intern Med, 2008.
Arizona Board of Nursing