Staff, Arizona Center on Aging
Aging and Cognition Scholar, Healthy Brain Research Network
- DBH, Arizona State University, Doctor of Behavioral Health Management, 2016
- MPH, University of Arizona, Tucson Arizona, Mel and Enid Zuckerman College of Public Health, Concentration: Policy and Management, 2008
- BS, University of Phoenix, Tucson Arizona, Business Management, 2005
Responsible for providing overall program coordination for geriatric education and training programs within the Arizona Center on Aging, and University of Arizona College of Medicine Section of Geriatrics, General Medicine and Palliative Care including curricular design; implementation; evaluation and reporting; assisting in developing new educational programs and offerings; and the preparation of educational grants.
Education and Training Program Coordinator for Arizona Geriatric Education Center (HRSA grant), and Arizona Reynolds Program of Applied Geriatrics (Reynolds Foundation grant) with specific programmatic responsibility for:
- Elder Abuse Sub-program: content expertise, materials and grants
- Interprofessional Chief Resident Immersion Training in the Care of Older Adults Program (IP CRIT): planning and implementation, including quality improvement project follow-up
- Interprofessional Senior Mentor Program: pairing health science students with community dwelling elders
- Interprofessional Faculty Scholar Program: develop faculty with discipline specific geriatric competencies
- College of Medicine Geriatric Grand Rounds, Advances in Aging Lecture Series
- Co-Editor, Arizona Geriatric Society Journal
- Associate Editor, Elder Care Provider Sheets: informational resource guides for healthcare providers and students
- Mohler MJ, D’Huyvetter K, Tomasa L, O’Neill L, Fain MJ. Healthy Aging Rounds – using healthy aging mentors to teach medical students about physical activity and social support assessment, interviewing and prescription. Journal of the American Geriatrics Society 2010; 58:2407-2411.
- Mohler MJ, D’Huyvetter K, O’Neill L, Morrison A, Lee J, Kennedy T, Keller C, Weiss B, Howe C, Fain MJ. How the Arizona Geriatric Education Center Went Interprofessional: the Framework, Strategies and Challenges. Selected Abstract Collaborating Across Borders III, 2011, Tucson AZ.
- Morrison A, O’Neill L, D’Huyvetter K, Lee J, Kennedy T, Fain MJ, Mohler MJ. Senior Mentors Teaching IP Students. Selected Abstract Collaborating Across Borders III, 2011, Tucson AZ.
- O'Neill, L and Vermeal, R. Elder Care: A Resource for Interprofessional Providers: Elder Abuse: Clinician Reporting. POGOe - Portal of Geriatric Online Education; 2012 Available from: http://www.pogoe.org/productid/21167
- Mohler MJ, D’Huyvetter K, Howe C, O’Neill L, Roche V, Rubin CD, Shah A, Fain, MJ. Making Geriatric Education Relevant to All Medical Students: The Aging for Specialists Conference. June 2012. Arizona Geriatrics Society Journal, Vol 17, no 1.
- Kennedy, T and O’Neill L. (2012) Elder Care: A Resource for Interprofessional Providers: Hoarding. POGOe – Portal of Geriatric Online Education 2012. Available from: http://www.pogoe.org/productid/21215.
- O’Neill L. Financial Exploitation: Current Scams Targeting Tucson Elders. Area Agency on Aging Region 2, Pima Council on Aging, Never Too Late. April 2012.
- O’Neill L. Financial Exploitation: Risk Factors and Warning Signs. Area Agency on Aging Region 2, Pima Council on Aging, Never Too Late. June 2012.
- Mohler MJ, Clemens C, Waer A, Began V, O’Neill L, D’Huyvetter K, Spear Ellinwood K, Fain MJ. Interprofessional (IP) Chief Resident Immersion Training (IP-CRIT): Supporting the Triple Aim. 65th Annual Scientific Meeting of the Gerontological Society of America. 11-18 November, 2012.
- O’Neill L. Elder Abuse: Warning Signs and the Reporting Process. The Desert Leaf, House Calls. November 2012.
- Heasley BJ; O’Neill LM; D’Huyvetter K; Mohler MJ; Fain MJ. Nurses Leading Change and Transforming Care Through Participation in an Interprofessional Senior Mentor Program. Submitted as encore abstract to 2013 Annual Scientific Meeting of the American Geriatrics Society. May 3-5, Grapevine, TX.
- Mohler MJ, D'Huyvetter K, O'Neill L, Wendel CS, Clemens CJ, Waer A, Began VD, Fain MJ. Development of an Enhanced Interprofessional Chief Resident Immersion Training (IP-CRIT) Program. Geriatric and Gerontology Education. Accepted for publication 10.28.2013.
- Arizona Governor’s Advisory Council on Aging – Appointed Member
- Southern Arizona Hoarding Taskforce – Co-Founder/Chair
- National Adult Protective Services Association (NAPSA) - Board Member
- Arizona Alzheimer’s Taskforce – Safety and Independence Committee Member
- Arizona Attorney General’s SAFEE (Stop Abuse and Financial Exploitation of Elders) - Committee Member
- United Way of Southern Arizona – Senior Impact Coalition Committee Member
- Behavioral Health and Aging Council – Committee Member