Raising the BAR in Aging Research
The purpose of the Arizona Center on Aging’s Biology of Aging Research (BAR) Program is to:
- Encourage new and seasoned investigators to apply their expertise to research questions in Aging;
- Promote collaborative, multidisciplinary research by attracting UofA investigators from different colleges and departments and their external collaborators from academia, non-profit entities and industry;
- Enable researchers to collect sufficient preliminary data in order to pursue additional major support through other funding mechanisms – federal or private;
- Allow exploration of innovative and creative directions;
- Enhance the reputation of UofA in aging research.
Optimal leveraging of the BAR funds will jump-start new and exciting research programs to address the basic biology of the aging processes and its impact upon the clinical care and well-being of older Americans.