Leading the Way in Practice InnovationPromoting the triple aim: Better health, better healthcare, lower costs The Program in Practice Innovation of the University of Arizona Health Sciences Center is designed to take the lead in meeting our urgent national healthcare challenge: to develop, implement, evaluate and disseminate state-of-the-art strategies necessary to achieve a high quality, cost-effective and sustainable healthcare delivery system. Through this program, the University of Arizona will become the national leader in interdisciplinary healthcare innovations, creating and testing care delivery and payment models in our innovative academic environment. We will be instrumental in achieving the "Triple Aim - better health, better health care, and lower costs" for the citizens of Arizona and beyond.
- Our Mission: To be a national leader in practice innovation, drawing on our academic strengths to meet the national healthcare challenge to deliver the "Triple Aim: better health, better health care, and lower costs."
- Our Goals: The Program in Practice Innovation will be the institutional engine and resource to realign and energize our academic healthcare center, utilizing our considerable academic resources to build and disseminate a culture of healthcare delivery inquiry and innovation.
- Better health care through continuously improved patient care delivery, including safe, timely, effective, efficient, equitable, and patient-centered care. by pro idcrs who ha e been trained to be capable of and passionate about providing this care:
- Better health by creatively managing those with chronic conditions wiith new models of care. and promoting community health and wellness in our workplace and communities through the transformation of healthcare delivery; and
- Lower costs by improved coordination of health care services: reduction of unnecessary variability: avoidance of unnecessary utilization; improved efficiency: enhanced person-centered care; and promotion of health and wellness.