- Staff, Arizona Center on Aging
- PhD, Health Behavior Health Promotion; University of Arizona, College of Public Health (in progress)
- MPH; Des Moines University College of Health Sciences (2016)
- MA, International Studies; University of Wyoming (2009)
- BS, Journalism/Spanish; University of Wyoming (2004)
Health disparities in aging; dementia and cognitive decline; Community Health Workers; health promotion; global health;
Taylor-Piliae, R. E., Peterson, R., & Mohler, M. J. (2017). Clinical and Community Strategies to Prevent Falls and Fall-Related Injuries Among Community-Dwelling Older Adults. Nursing Clinics of North America, 52(3), 489–497. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cnur.2017.04.004
Peterson, R., Fain, M. (2016). Falls: A Clinical and Community Perspective. Arizona Geriatrics Society Journal, 21(1), 4-7. http://www.arizonageriatrics.org/journal
Nowotny, K. M., Peterson, R. L., & Boardman, J. D. (2015). Gendered Contexts Variation in Suicidal Ideation by Female and Male Youth across US States. Journal of health and social behavior, 56(1), 114-130.
Daw, J., Boardman, J. D., Peterson, R., Smolen, A., Haberstick, B. C., Ehringer, M. A., ... & Foshee, V. A. (2014). The interactive effect of neighborhood peer cigarette use and 5HTTLPR genotype on individual cigarette use. Addictive behaviors, 39(12), 1804-1810.
Peterson, R. L. (2010). Historical and Cultural Influences on HIV Prevention in Swaziland. World health & population, 13(1), 5-16.
- American Public Health Association
- Gerontological Society of America