The mission of the Arizona Geriatric Workforce Enhancement Program (AZ-GWEP) is to provide the best possible care through an interprofessional approach to individual, system, community and population level education, training and models of care innovations.
The AZ-GWEP supports interprofessional geriatrics education and training to develop a health care workforce that:
- Improves health outcomes for older adults by integrating geriatrics with primary care,
- Maximizes patient and family engagement, and
- Transforms the healthcare system.
Mapped to Arizona’s Aging Plan, and AZ and US Falls, Chronic Disease and ADRD Goals, and informed by the Triple Aim, AZ-GWEP content includes:
- Falls and Geriatric Syndromes
- Aging-related Chronic Conditions
- Engagement and Goal Setting
- Alzheimer’s Disease and Related Dementia (ADRD)