Arizona Geriatrics Workforce Enhancement Program
The mission of the Arizona Geriatrics Workforce Enhancement Program (AZ-GWEP) is to provide the best possible care through an interprofessional approach to individual, system, community and population level education, training and models of care innovations.
Supports interprofessional geriatrics education and training to develop a health care workforce that:
- Improves health outcomes for older adults by integrating geriatrics with primary care,
- Maximizes patient and family engagement, and
- Transforms the healthcare system.
To provide the best possible care through an interprofessional approach to individual, system, community and population level education, training and models of care innovations
Mapped to Arizona’s Aging Plan, and AZ and US Falls, Chronic Disease and ADRD Goals, and informed by the Triple Aim, content includes:
- Falls and Geriatric Syndromes
- Aging-related Chronic Conditions
- Engagement and Goal Setting
- Alzheimer’s Disease and Related Dementia (ADRD)
Our broad target learners include:
- Interprofessional health providers and trainees
- Care Partners – community health workers, direct care workers, certified nursing assistants and family caregivers